Sunday, August 22, 2010

Waffle experiment phase uno


I like to think that I know a lot about food. Definitely more than the average. And I would like to believe that waffles are my specialty. I mean to some people I'm actually known as "the waffle girl".

So you can imagine the horrible embarrassment I felt when one of the chefs at the hotel scoffed at the idea of sharing my waffle recipe. And then he said something that completely shattered my understanding of waffles. He said "waffle dough". HUH? waffles, made with dough, I thought waffles were only made with batter.

So the experiment begins. Phase one was still using a batter but one with yeast. The recipe can be found here. Phase two will be a lengthy two day process of creating the perfect dough, stayed tuned for that one.The yeast batter waffles turned out fantastic. They have a strong eggy taste and are less cake like and more crepe like.

No comments:

Post a Comment