Wednesday, February 16, 2011

V-day dinner




Have I told you yet that Mark is an amazing cook? And not even in a "makes a mean steak" kind of way. More in a "I live with a gourmet chef" kind of way. Lucky for me he decided a cooking career would probably ruin his love for cooking and so he continues to express his art on my dinner plate.

Valentines dinner came in two courses (we were too stuffed for the third).

Course 1: Apple and bacon (that he made, like actually made the bacon from a piece of pork belly) on top of a brie smeared baguette drizzled with maple syrup. This blew my mind.

Course 2: Homemade pasta sauteed in wine, garlic, and mussel juice and sprinkled with ricotta cheese and basil. Then topped with scallops for him and mussels for me.

Course 3: To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment