Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Experimenting











I've never had a green thumb. I've killed a plethora of plants, but I haven't given up yet. For the past three months Mark, Evie, and I have been filling all the little nooks and crannies in our yard with seedlings. Some have worked very well (too well maybe), others have not even popped their little heads out of the ground. But as Evie's mom put it "it's all an experiment". Oh, have I learned a lot... squash and cucumber type plants should be planted FAR away from anything else, tomato plants need LOTS of support, lawn care guy should be warned in advance to not weed-wack the flower seedling in the flower bed.

Despite the frustrating failures I enjoy it too much to ever give it up. I look forward each morning to tending to the plants, trying to save the sad looking ones and encourage the huge overgrown squash to share some of the sunshine with his pepper neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment