Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oakland Nursery







Columbus has this unique quality of being able to find gems tucked away in each community. On a quick trip for garden plants we crossed the other side of Indianolla in Clintonville, a first I'm sad to say. And in the middle of this lovely little community was a gigantic nursery. I knew by the rununchulus in the front flower beds that this place would steal me away. The inside of the green house looked like something straight out of one of those 70's gardening books. Ouside I wandered through rows and rows of trees, shrubs, flowers, herbs and settled myself in front of the seeds. The beautiful illustrations on the packets made it nearly impossible to not fall in love with each plant. "Mark look at those poppie illustrations... and the kitty cat! Oh and these marigolds, I don't even like marigolds but these look so lovely..." Thats when he left me for the herbs. Mark had a hard time picking out his short list of herbs because there were so many varieties of each to choose from and so our quick trip turned into an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment